Thursday, January 27, 2011

Started on a new training regimen!

...And it's totally kicking my ass! A friend of mine emailed me a copy of the Femsport training manual, so after eating clean for a couple of days and working myself up to give it a go, I did my first Femsport-style circuit workout on Monday. Holy crap, I just about died!!! I hate burpies with a passion, and V-snaps are almost as bad! What I'm finding in my old-age too is that my wrists are very weak. One of the exercises in that first workout was bench hops, which I did over my ottoman. I had to do them with my hands fisted instead of flat because my wrists were hurting. Tuesday I was a bit stiff, then yesterday a bit more stiff. But I did another workout last night, and it seems to have loosened me up a bit. I'm still stiff, but no worse than before. What I found last night was that whenever I jumped, like for the low box jumps and travelling squat jumps, I was feeling it in my back and pelvis. I must have a pretty weak core! Anyway, I'm sure that with following the program as best I can, I'll be as ready as I can be on April 2nd. It's less than 10 weeks now! I just sent in my registration forms yesterday, too.

I just came back from the grocery store. I bought only clean foods, and it feels pretty good. Not sure if the kids and hubby will be as excited as I am, but fortunately they eat healthily already, so it won't be that much of an adjustment. I'm not in a cutting phase or anything, so it's not like there won't be ANY treats around. In fact, I made banana bread last night. It's a recipe from a special edition of Oxygen magazine, so it's relatively healthy, but the kids don't know the difference!

Uh oh, baby's crying, so I better sign off now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment